Articles Tagged with spousal abandonment

Board Certified Family Law Specialist Matt Arnold answers the question: “What are my custody rights if the other parent moves?”

The decision to end your marriage is one that most couples take seriously. It can take some time to work through disputes and ultimately determine that it is best to seek a divorce. For most couples, the decision is a mutual one. Sometimes, however, one spouse leaves the other behind. When that happens, you may want to obtain a divorce but are unsure of how to go about ending the union. Spousal abandonment is a circumstance that may allow you to get a divorce. To file for absolute divorce in North Carolina, a couple must be separated for a period of at least one year.

Contact Information